Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exclusive ICC Cricket Rankings

India remain on top of World Test Championship table despite suffering massive defeat against New Zealand

[Image: team-india-1582516965.jpg]

Team India went through their first defeat in World Test Championship to drop crucial 60 points. Virat Kohli's Team India faced their worst ever defeat in terms of wickets on Monday as New Zealand thrashed the visitors by 10 wickets to take 1-0 lead in two-match series. Before this Test, India were on an 8-match winning streak in red-ball cricket.

Gaining 60 points, New Zealand jumped to the fifth position on World Test Championship's points table with 120 points to overtake Sri Lanka, who have 80 points in four matches till now. Meanwhile, India remained on the top of the tally with 360 points and a healthy lead of 64 points over Australia.

Read more
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Nairrk for this post:
  • Ask1993

T20I Rankings: KL Rahul retains 2nd spot, Ashton Agar enters top-5

[Image: kl-rahul-ashton-agar-1582816214.jpg]

K.L. Rahul retained his second spot in the ICC T20I rankings which also saw Australia's left-arm spinner Ashton Agar shoot up six places to No.4.

In-form Rahul moved to second spot in the rankings earlier this month riding his splendid performances in the T20I and ODI series in New Zealand. India won the T20I series 5-0 but lost the subsequent ODIs 0-3.

Rahul has 823 points and is behind Pakistan's Babar Azam who is at the top of the chart with 879 points. India captain Virat Kohli too retained his position in the rankings at 10th position with 673 points.

Read more
  • Ask1993

ICC Test Rankings: Jasprit Bumrah enters top-10, India stay first in team rankings

[Image: jasprit-bumrah-ranking-1583224657.jpg]

The International Cricket Council (ICC) released the latest Test rankings, following New Zealand's 2-0 victory over India on Monday. While Team India stays at the top of the Test rankings with 116 points, New Zealand have closed the gap with Virat Kohli's side to 6 points. The Kiwis are second in the rankings with 110 points.

In the players' rankings, while Virat Kohli lost 20 points as his poor performances continued in the second Test, the Indian captain stays at second, behind Steve Smith.

Indian fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah, however, jumped into top-10 after his improved performance in the Christchurch Test. Bumrah took five wickets in the game, and as a result, climbed to seventh spot in the bowlers' rankings.

Source
  • Ask1993

ICC Cricket Rankings

Full List here
  • Ask1993

ICC Test Rankings: Stuart Broad jumps to 3rd spot, Jasprit Bumrah slips

[Image: AP28-07-2020_000094B.jpg]

England spearhead Stuart Broad jumped to the third spot in the latest ICC ranking after his exploits against West Indies in the Test series. Broad took a seven-spot lead to enter the top 3 spot on Wednesday. The right-arm seamer took 16 wickets in the last two Test of the series after being left out from the Southampton clash.

Broad also became the seventh bowler in the world cricket to breach the 500-wicket mark on the Day 5 of the third Test in Manchester. Australia's Pat Cummins still holds the top spot with 904 points and Kagiso Rabada on second with 843.

Read more..
  • Ask1993

ICC ODI Rankings: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma retain 1-2 spots, Jasprit Bumrah 2nd on bowlers charts

[Image: RTS2IC6R.png?jRUZosTHY3VT_8DSqOM6oHRSuHe...ze=770:433]

*Kohli, Rohit retain top spots as ICC updates ODI rankings after England-Ireland series
*Babar Azam has retained the 3rd spot on ODI Batting Rankings
*Ireland players gain massively after spirited show against England

India captain Virat Kohli and his deputy Rohit Sharma retained the top two positions in the ICC ODI rankings for batsmen, while pacer Jasprit Bumrah held on to the no.2 spot among bowlers in the latest list issued on Wednesday.

Kohli holds the numero uno status with 871 points, followed by Rohit (855) and Pakistan's Babar Azam (829), while with 719 points Bumrah continued to be steady at the second spot in the bowler's list, which is being headed by New Zealand's Trent Boult.

Read more..

Shan Masood, Chris Woakes take giant strides in ICC rankings after Manchester Test

[Image: pjimage-2020-08-06t190937-1596721196.jpg]

Pakistan batsman Shan Masood and England all-rounder Chris Woakes on Sunday took giants strides in the latest ICC rankings after the conclusion of Manchester Test, which the hosts won by three wickets.

Left-hander Masood's knock of 156, which helped Pakistan take a 107-run first innings lead, lifted him 14 places to a career-best 19th position, making him the second highest ranked Test batsman from his side after sixth-placed Babar Azam.

Man of the match Woakes progressed 18 places to 78th position after featuring in a 139-run sixth-wicket stand with wicket-keeper-batsman Jos Buttler that guided England to a three-wicket win. Woakes, who scored 19 and 84 in the match, has also jumped to seventh position in the list of all-rounders.

Read more

Stuart Broad moves to No.2 in ICC Test rankings, Jasprit Bumrah slips to 9

[Image: pjimage-2020-08-18t162549-1597748155.jpg]

Formerly top-ranked fast bowlers Stuart Broad and James Anderson of England have made advances in the latest ICC Test Player Rankings after some fine bowling in the drawn second Test against Pakistan at the Ageas Bowl.

Broad has moved up one slot to second position in the bowlers' list after a haul of 4/56 while Anderson has moved up two slots to 14th with figures of 3/60, as the pair helped dismiss Pakistan for 236 in their only innings of the match.

Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Abbas took 2/28 in England's score of 110/4 declared, gaining two places to reach eighth position, but is still away from his career-best ranking of third in October 2018. India's premier fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah has moved down by a place and is currently situated at the eighth spot in bowler's rankings.

Read more

Latest T20I Team rankings
(Updated after the recent concluded England/Australia T20I Series)

[Image: ZrMsOAi.png]

Malan leapfrogs Babar to become top-ranked T20I batsman

[Image: the-33-year-old-was-previously.jpg]

Dawid Malan, England's middle-order batsman, has jumped four places to take the No.1 spot in the ICC Men's T20I rankings for batsmen. The 33-year-old's previous best T20I ranking was second in November 2019.

The left-handed batsman climbed to the summit of rankings after topping the batting charts (129 runs) in the just-concluded three-match T20I series versus Australia, which the hosts won 2-1. The southpaw batsman is now eight points ahead of Babar Azam.

Meanwhile, Jos Buttler, who scored 121 runs in the series, has vaulted 12 places to take the 28th position while Jonny Bairstow climbed to the 19th position in the latest rankings. Aaron Finch, the Australian captain, who accumulated 125 runs in the three-game rubber, retained his third position.

Among the bowlers, Adil Rashid has gained two slots and now finds himself slotted in at the seventh position, with Ashton Agar retaining his third position. On the other hand, Kane Richardson has reached his career-best T20I ranking of 10.

Australia, who won the final game of the T20I series to salvage some pride, have reclaimed the number one slot from England, who briefly wrested the position after emerging victorious in the first two matches.

Source