Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Update Holder rested from first two Ireland ODIs
#1

[Image: jason-holder-has-been-rested-i.jpg]

Jason Holder has been rested from West Indies' squad for the first two ODIs against Ireland, to be played in Barbados on January 7 and 9. This is the only change from the most recent ODI squad that completed a tour of India last month, with its strength dropping from 15 to 14.

"The decision was taken to rest Jason due to the heavy workload he has had over the last year," chief selector Roger Harper said in a statement. "With an important year ahead for West Indies cricket, we saw this as the best opportunity to give him a break to recharge his batteries and refresh his mind so he could be ready to perform at his best as our Test captain throughout 2020, as the number one ranked all-rounder in Test cricket and an important member of the team in the white ball formats."

Read more
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Nairrk for this post:
  • Ask1993
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)