Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Update STATS: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma shatter records in Mumbai T20I

[Image: pjimage-1576127411.jpg]

On Wednesday, Team India showed the world why they are considered to be one of the most powerful batting units in cricket. Riding on KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli's blistering knocks, the Men in Blue thrashed Kieron Pollard's West Indies by 67 runs in the series decider at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. In a lop-sided contest, Pollard won the toss and opted to bowl as India didn't have a great record while batting first in T20Is but table turned at Wankhede as it was raining sixes and four by Indian batters.

India posted a mammoth total of 240/3 riding on the back of brilliant knocks from Rohit (71), Rahul (91) and Kohli (70*). In reply, West Indies could manage 173/8 in their allotted quota of 20 overs and lost the three-match series 1-2. The Men in Blue's dominating run in the bilateral series-deciders continued with the Mumbai win -- India now have been victorious in 9 out of 10 deciders in a T20I series.

The batting masterclass that lit up the Wankhede also led to some new milestones and records in T20I cricket. Some of the records that were shattered during the final T20I between India and West Indies match are below:

Read more