Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Update South Africa, Zimbabwe set to tour Ireland

Ireland is all set to host South Africa for a historic full limited-overs series for the first time in July 2021. It will be the first time that South Africa will visit Ireland for more than one game having have visited the country back in 2007 where they played a solitary ODI in Belfast.

The three ODIs and as many T20Is are scheduled to be played between July 11-25 and the one-dayers will be part of the ICC Cricket World Cup Super League (CWCSL).

"We are extremely pleased to have finalised the dates as quickly as we have and for that we would like to thank Cricket Ireland for their cooperation and willingness to adapt the tour schedule as we continue to finalize our winter programme," CSA Director of Cricket, Graeme Smith, said on Monday (February 15). "The tour marks a significant new chapter in our history as we visit one of the fast-developing cricket nations for a six-match tour.

"Ireland have showed themselves to be highly competitive adversaries in recent years, with growing profile in the world game. It will also offer our players further international action in unfamiliar conditions, so we are looking forward to the contest."

The Board of Cricket Ireland also announced a limited-overs series against Zimbabwe beginning from August 6 to August 20 comprising of three ODIs and as many T20Is.

"Given the significant changes to the Future Tours Programme due to the postponement of home series' from 2020 - and all other countries having to reschedule fixtures over the period 2020-2023 - it has truly been a jigsaw puzzle for world cricket administrators to try to make the pieces fit," Warren Deutrom, the Chief Executive of Cricket Ireland, said. "We look forward to the season ahead and thank our touring opponents for working with us on this restructured season. For our senior men, there are six World Cup Super League matches included in the schedule, in which we welcome back South Africa who last played here 14 years ago."

South Africa, over the years, have played Ireland in five ODIs and have come out trumps on all occasions, while they've never faced each other in a T20I yet.

Itinerary:

South Africa tour of Ireland

11 July, Sunday - 1st ODI (CWCSL) Ireland v South Africa, Malahide

13 July, Tuesday - 2nd ODI (CWCSL) Ireland v South Africa, Malahide

16 July, Friday - 3rd ODI (CWCSL) Ireland v South Africa, Malahide

20 July, Tuesday - 1st T20I Ireland v South Africa, Malahide

22 July, Thursday - 2nd T20I Ireland v South Africa, Stormont

25 July, Sunday - 3rd T20I Ireland v South Africa, Stormont

Zimbabwe tour of Ireland

6 August, Friday - Ireland v Zimbabwe, 1st ODI (Stormont)*

8 August, Sunday - Ireland v Zimbabwe, 2nd ODI (Stormont)*

11 August, Wednesday - Ireland v Zimbabwe, 3rd ODI (Stormont)*

15 August, Sunday - Ireland v Zimbabwe, 1st T20I (Bready)

17 August.Tuesday - Ireland v Zimbabwe, 2nd T20I (Bready)

20 August, Friday - Ireland v Zimbabwe, 3rd T20I (Bready)

Source